Wednesday 8 April 2015

I am cleansed!!

Well, folks, I did it. successfully completed a 12-day cleanse, using the Wild Rose Cleanse; you can find out more about it at http://wildroseproducts.com/en-CA. There are great recipes online, and a fun cookbook you can order.

I feel great. I feel clean, I feel well, I feel healthy, I feel great. 12 days of only eating healthy, whole foods, and my body is a happy place to inhabit!



I don't think this cleanse is for everyone - the eating habits are probably pretty great for most people. Cut out sweet tropical fruits, sugar, flour, dairy and alcohol; eat mostly alkaline-forming foods, and reduce acid-forming foods (I'll include a list below). But the cleanse part, the herbal pills and drops that you take for 12 days, may not be good for everyone. They clean you out, with the laxative and diuretic properties; it might be a great idea to check with your doctor before you do it. Some of the herbs may affect people in different ways. You need to cut out any vitamins or supplements you take normally, and the effects of the pills likely affect any other medication you're taking, so don't enter into this without doing some research first.

But for me, I'm really glad I did this; feeling good.

I woke this morning thinking, oh fun, I can eat chocolate if I want to. And then I thought, I don't know if I want to. I've worked hard to feel this good, and my body loves it. I don't want to put shit in my body anymore. I've lost some weight; I feel good. I don't want to throw it all away now! Maybe the occasional treat.

I've just now had a chocolate. The first taste was delicious. and then the following two or three bites it took to finish it felt like an explosion of shocking sweetness in my mouth. Not actually the pleasant experience I thought it would be. More of a "ugh. this is so too sweet". And now there is an odd aftertaste in my mouth that I'm really not enjoying. Oh no, what if I've ruined my desire and enjoyment of unhealthy fake processed foods?!?! :) what a funny thing - my taste buds have changed in 12 days for sure - they've only had the sweetness of fruit for the last couple weeks, and this introduction of chocolate was not the joyous celebration I thought it would be. hmmm.

So, going forward, I think I'm going to stay with this eating plan. I think I'll commit to another 15 days, which will take me right up to my vacation to Curacao. I won't take anymore pills or drops - just stay with the healthy eating plan. Though I may take a cheat day now and then. I read somewhere about someone who eats as they wish on Sundays - I might try that plan. 6 days a week of these awesome eating habits that make my body feel amazing, and 1 day to splurge if I want to. I'll see how that works for the next couple of weeks.

So, fun readers, thanks for reading along on this little journey with me. I will testify that clean whole healthy eating makes me feel friggin fantastic!!!

Here's the lists of foods to eat and not eat for this fun plan. Have fun if you decide to jump in, and please write me and tell me all about your story! I'd really love to hear it!
And wishing all health and wellness for you all as we move happily into Spring!
Peace!



Section 1 (eat less than 20% each day) - Protein/Acid forming foods:

 
Most Recommended
Acceptable
Not Recommended
Fish
Beans (dried fresh)
Buttermilk
 
Beef (lean), lamb, liver, poultry, pork, veal
Cheese (of any kind)
 
Eggs
Shellfish
 
Lentils, dried peas, fresh peas
Yogurt
 
Nuts (except peanuts)
 
 
Oatmeal
 
 
Prunes, rhubarb (cooked)
 
 
White rice
 
 
Seeds, soy beans
 
 
Tofu (plain, unsweetened)
 



Section 2 (eat as much as you want!) - Alkaline forming foods:

 
Most Recommended
Acceptable
Not Recommended
Millet, buckwheat
Almond milk (unsweetened)
Bananas, grapes, melon, oranges, pineapple, tropical fruits
Brown rice
Apples, apricots, berries, cherries, lemons, peaches, pears, plums, nectarines
Currants, dried fruits, raisins
Quinoa
Popcorn (no artificial stuff on it)
Fruit juices
Almonds
Pumpkins, squash, yams, sweet potatoes
Any flours, soups thickened with flour
 
Sesame seeds, tahini
Honey, malt, malt syrup, molasses
 
Tomatoes (in moderation)
Pasta

 To be avoided entirely:
Breads                  
Flours or flour products
Dairy products (may have butter)
Tropical fruits
All fermented foods (wine, beer, vinegar, soy sauce, black tea, miso)
 
Notes:
*coffee, green tea and herbal tea are acceptable, max 2 cups a day
**barley, kasha, bulgar, spelt, kamut, amaranth, oats, and rye whole grains are allowed as part of the 20% list as they are acid-forming
***cook and use lots of olive oil, flax oil, sunflower oil or coconut oil (my new favourite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment